SAEA is an Approved Course Provider (ACP) appointed by the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) to conduct the Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Course which is a compulsory exam preparatory course for new entrants before they take the RES examinations. SAEA draws upon its reservoir of experience in industry engagement and enhancement to bring the best of real estate education to bear on the new landscape of the real estate agency profession.
Other reasons why you should choose our RES course:
√ Choice of either Day or Evening intakes
– Whichever that suits their schedule
√ Qualified and experienced lecturers
– Practitioners, each with more than 15 years of real estate industry and teaching track record
√ Comprehensive notes
– Easy to understand and extensive
√ Exam Preparatory Classes
– Helps clarify important questions and gears them up for the final exam
√ Make up classes
– For up to 4 lessons
√ Conducive and comfortable training rooms
– Spacious, equipped with coffee machine, proper tables and chairs
√ UTAP funding for our course
– Claim up to $250* of the course fees if they are a SAEA-SISEU Premier Member or NTUC
√ Preferred rates for new joiners from corporate members
– Enjoy up to 7.5 % discount for the course fees
Find out more about the RES course by clicking on the links below!
About the RES Course
RES Course Syllabus
Register for our RES Course
About the RES Course
Under the new regulatory regime administered by the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA), one of the registration criteria for individuals aspiring to be real estate salespersons is that they must pass the CEA’s Real Estate Salesperson (RES) examination or have equivalent qualification. This is to ensure that those intending to do estate agency work are well qualified, professionally competent and be able to work effectively in the real estate industry. Equally important is that they must uphold good ethical standards.
CEA requires all new entrants to take a compulsory REA/ RES exam preparatory course before taking the respective examinations. Please note that only courses provided by CEA Approved Course Providers will be recognised for licensing/ registration purposes. Provisional registered salesperson (existing salesperson registered with CEA and have yet to pass an industry exam before 31 Dec 2010) are not required but are encouraged to take the exam preparatory courses before registering for the REA/ RES examination.
RES Course Syllabus
The RES course syllabus is prepared in the context of laws in Singapore governing real estate agency work and shall focus on sale and lease transactions involving residential, commercial and industrial properties located in Singapore. However, the syllabus does not include laws or regulations of other countries governing transactions of foreign properties and real estate salespersons are advised to be familiar of such laws or regulations when advising their clients in foreign properties transactions.
The RES course syllabus is designed to ensure real estate salespersons meet the expectations required of them:
- Have good knowledge of the concepts of real estate and agency practice;
- Have a basic knowledge of the legal requirements and laws governing property transactions and real estate agency work;
- Have a basic knowledge of the terminology and concepts of real estate sale and leasing and the need to comply with the requirements of the law;
- Understand the requirements of the Estate Agents Act 2010 and subsidiary legislation including Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and of the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA); and
- Be able to handle typical property transactions effectively and in compliance with the law, government policies, rules and CEA’s prescribed regulations and practice guidelines.
After completing the RES course, individuals can then register for the examination which consists of 2 Papers:
RES PAPER 1 Basic Real Estate Concept and Law
Unit 1 Real Estate Agency Industry Overview
Unit 2 Basic Concepts of Real Estate
Unit 3 Laws Governing Estate Agency Practice and Real Estate Transactions
RES PAPER 2 Real Estate Salespersons Practice and Regulations
Unit 4 Marketing and Customer Services
Unit 5 Estate Agents Act 2010 and Estate Agency Practice
Unit 6 Sale and Lease of HDB Properties
Unit 7 Sale and Lease of Private Properties
Click on the link below for the detailed breakdown of the RES syllabus.
(Link: http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/content/binary/pdfFiles/RESExamSyllabus.pdf )